Find Out About Benefits Of Taking Vitamin A
Benefits of taking Vitamin A – Types of Vitamin A
- preformed vitamin a – found in animal tissues, formed from the carotene that the animal has eaten. Cod liver oil very rich in this type of vitamin a.
- betacarotene – precurserof vitamin a. we get this from dark green leafy vegetables like spinach, deep yellow and orange vegetables or fruit like carrots good for Atkins Diet.
Carotene must be converted by the body into vitamin a before it can be used.
Benefits of taking Vitamin A
- growth and repair of body tissues
- hence helps maintain soft and smooth skin
- helps protect mucous membranes of the nose, sinus, lungs, eyelids, throat, stomach, intestines, vagina and uterus. Helps protect these tissues from infection
- protects the kidney and bladder tissues
- involved in secretion of gastric juices for protein digestion
- building strong bones and teeth
- formation of rich blood
- cell membrane stability and development
- maintaining good eyesight
- night vision
- betacarotene helps protect the body from some forms of cancer
- RNA enhanced by vitamin a (RNA involved in cellular communication)
Source: The Nutrition Almanac by Kirschmann and Kirschmann)For a good table on the food sources of vitamin a and Atkins diet food list.
Because vitamin a is a fat soluble vitamin, and is stored by the body, it can be toxic when too much is consumed. Usually this is not a problem with plant sources of vitamin a. But vitamin A supplementation, too much animal dervied vitamin a, and excessive carotene rich juices can pose a problem (see 6 Health Benefits of Vitamin A).
Vitamin A overdose symptoms: apathy, Blurred vision, dizziness, ringing in the ears, headache, insomnia, irritability, stupor, skin rash, nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, hair loss, joint pain, menstrual irregularities, fatigue, liver damage, abnormal bone growth, damage to the nervous system
Find out your RDA for vitamin A
If you are SERIOUS about your Health and Longevity you owe it to yourself to know what to look for in a supplement or, anti-aging program. Also, it’s critical you know what your body needs in order to achieve your health and longevity objectives. Allocate 10 minutes now and become educated and enlightened by taking this 10 minute tour by clicking here.